Ruby developer (EN/NL)
As a Ruby developer you will help build our SaaS platform to a higher level, scaling it to ever more users and build the most awesome features. You are someone that always choses quality over quantity and are familiar with Ruby on Rails, with interest in live video streaming and websockets. This job is available to both Dutch or English speakers.
Live video streaming is hot and more and more companies use webinars to reach their customers. WebinarGeek is user friendly webinar software and thanks to us our customers can reach their customers. We grow fast which is why we are looking for you: an experienced Ruby developer. You will have a central role in our team and contribute to grow and expand our SaaS webinar platform to get everyone to webinar!
What have we built recently?
- Integrations with various third party tools/APIs like MailChimp, ActiveCampaign and Hubspot for our users to integrate their account with.
- A refactored and new chat module, allowing users to deploy a team of moderators to manage incoming chat conversations during a webinar.
- We upgraded our platform to Ruby on Rails 5.1 and made it compatible with Ruby version 2.5.1, benefiting of the latest features and updates.
What will you be doing?
- To maintain and expand our WebinarGeek SaaS platform, developed in Ruby 2 and Rails 5 integrates with Redis and websocket technologies.
- To help think along with the growth of our platform and our organisation: the software and infrastructure must grow along with the growth of our customerbase: how would you handle this?
- To further integrate our SaaS platform with our website and media platforms (based on WebRTC) for video streaming.
Who you are
- You would love the challenge of growing along in a fast growing start-up.
- You like to work with Scrum or would like to: iteratively improve products based on user input and experience
- You are experienced with Ruby and Ruby on Rails application, know how to handle Ruby webservers, background job processing and task scheduling. Git, websockets, Redis and APIs are no strangers to you.
- Quality over quantity: you fix bugs first and make sure that the foundation of the software is solid before you add new features or make big changes.
You will be working in a small team of a fast growing start-up. We like short communication lines and don't have much with hierarchy.
“What I like about working at WebinarGeek? To work on a single goal with a small team with full focus. To spend time on actual refactoring rather than building new things all the time. And the atmosphere is great, in summertime we usually work a couple of days from the beach!”
What we offer
Next to a great salary we offer you a job with lots of freedom and opportunity to grow as a person. We work in an office where there’s hard work but also lots of fun (table football, game console, drinks etc.). We also offer budget for training, room to improve yourself and you can work with an iMac or MacBook.
WebinarGeek was founded in May 2015 to help businesses to reach their customers through live video streaming. With the growing popularity of online videos and live streaming the number of customers has grown fast. We are about to enter the international market and make the next step in online streaming technologies.
Why our customers love us
Our customers love us for the fact that our software is super user friendly, that we are always there to help, that we are always improving ourselves based on user feedback and of course because we are based in The Netherlands!
But.. what is a webinar?
Good question! Why don't we show you!
We are based in Zoetermeer, The Netherlands.