Full-time · Dutch or English language · Zoetermeer
Join our team of enthusiastic software developers who are highly committed to build and maintain a great product. To spend every day to make this product a better product. To make a large group of users able to intuitively work with it and to make it a fun product to work in and with as a developer. This job is available to both Dutch or English speakers.
WebinarGeek was founded in 2015 in Zoetermeer, Netherlands.
We do webinar hosting for organisations. In other words, WebinarGeek is webinar software you can use to host interactive online presentations to provide groups of people with information.
We work hard to design intuitive and easy-to-use solutions for online marketing and communication challenges.
Software should never be a barrier for someone to start hosting webinars. Which is what actually makes software that important for us. We spend as much time as we need to make sure that what we build is good, that it solves someone's problem, that is makes the product better or helps us to reach new markets. Quality is embedded into every process, and it starts with people. We want people on our team who feel this philosophy and to write code that works and is maintainable in every possible aspect.
We work with Ruby on Rails as our core framework, we always use one of the most recent versions.
Other tools, protocols or languages that make our stack are MySQL, Redis, websockets, JS, SASS and Git. We also have tools written in or build upon Java, PHP, WebRTC, AWS Lambda, Phoenix and Elixir.Apply now
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 2 years of work experience with web development (Ruby or other languages)
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Dutch or English speakers
- You want to be given a problem or challenge, you will be thinking about the specifications
- You are a team player
- You preach this aspect of Scrum: iteratively improve products based on user input & experience
- Quality over quantity: make sure the foundation of the software is solid. Bugs over features.
- Interested in working with a range of technologies and languages
- Experience with building distributed web applications
To engineer. To translate requirements or technical challenges to building software. How to best solve a particular problem or address a need? What do you want to do next?
To grow. Facilitate growth in every aspect. Scale the product to more users. Fortify the core of the product. Learn and educate on software development.
To care. As a team we are responsible for the health of our code. You help the team and yourself towards everyone's shared goals such as application health.
From us for you
- Competitive salary
- 32 - 40 hours per week
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days of paid time off
- Transportation subsidies
- Education and training opportunities with available budget
- A laptop and all the tools you need
- Every Friday means Friesday!