Full-time · Dutch or English language · Zoetermeer
Join our team of enthusiastic software developers who are highly committed to building and maintaining a robust and user friendly product. Spending every day making our product better, more fun, more beautiful, more useful and more dummy-proof. Making a large group of users able to intuitively work with WebinarGeek and making the product fun to work in and on. This job is available to both Dutch or English speakers and we are open to remote in Europe.
WebinarGeek was founded in 2015 in Zoetermeer, Netherlands.
We do webinar hosting for organisations. In other words, WebinarGeek is webinar software you can use to host interactive online presentations to provide groups of people with information.
We work hard to design intuitive and easy-to-use solutions for online marketing and communication challenges.
Software should never be a barrier for someone to start hosting webinars. And that is why the software is so important to us. We spend as much time as we need to make sure that the things we build are good, they solve real problems, they make the product better and help us to reach new markets. Quality is embedded into every process, and it starts with people. We want people on our team who live this philosophy and who write code that works and is maintainable in every possible aspect. And as important, we want people who create a nice work atmosphere, having a critical eye on the work, but always encouraging their teammates.
We work with Ruby on Rails as our core framework, we always use one of the most recent versions.
As for the front-end, we work with Typescript, React, Tailwind, Styled components and do component testing with Jest. We also maintain a legacy front-end in Rails, which contains jQuery and Scss.
Other tools, protocols or languages that make our stack are MySQL, Redis, websockets and Git. We also have tools written in or built upon Gatsby, Java, PHP, WebRTC, AWS Lambda, Phoenix and Elixir.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with Typescript, Tailwind or Jest would be a plus
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Dutch or English speakers
- You want to be given a problem or challenge, you will be thinking about the specifications
- You are a team player
- You preach this aspect of Scrum: iteratively improve products based on user input & experience
- Quality over quantity: make sure the foundation of the software is solid. Bugs over features.
- Interested in working with innovative technologies such as WebRTC
To lead. You lead the way on building a new user interface using the latest technologies working closely with other (front-end) developers.
To improve. User experience is key. You help improve the user experience and design of our website and web application together with our UX/UI designer.
To care. As a team we are responsible for the health of our code. You help the team and yourself towards everyone's shared goals such as application health.
From us for you
- Competitive salary
- 32 - 40 hours per week
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days of paid time off
- Transportation subsidies
- Work in our office in Zoetermeer, remotely in Europe or mixed possible
- Education and training opportunities with available budget
- A laptop and all the tools you need
- Every Friday means Friesday!